when it rains it pours...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Surferbum21, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

...so we are going on 16 consecutive days of rain. Not sprinkling, misting, or drizzling but heavy down pours about every 2-3 hours. Not letting up either for at least 2 more days. Located in SW OKC. It's the same d@mn storm circulating around the state. There are two larger systems east and west of the state that are keeping the storm from moving out. I have never been this stressed out or overwhelmed.

2. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

just saw on the news that we have received 6 inches of rain in the past week

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Your not the only one stressed out. I'm about to pull my hair out. Sick and tired of all of this rain. Later, Tony

4. awood0909

awood0909 LawnSite Member

Its killing me too, stillwater has had more rain than anyone in the state.

5. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

i'm hoping we can work on saturday iwere a week behind

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

same problem over here, got an inch the other night, has rained everyday. but at least we get some breaks between the rain, otherwise we could not mow at all.

7. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing here in Muskogee. Just about anywhere I walk in the yard at home leaves ruts . I never noticed it raining at all yesterday - something different.

I saw a LCO mowing his own yard yesterday. He wasn't using his Toro ZRT but was using a walkbehind. It looked like the old dirt roads in the movies when a model T had gone through the mudholes.

Nosmo

8. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Feel free to send all you can spare this way.

We're at 40% of average rainfall for the year.

Local lake is 15 feet below normal, so we can't even get boats in to fish.

9. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

4th day here in KC. Anywhere from 10 inches to 35 inches within a 100 mile radius here. They say today is the last day though and then back into the high 80s next week. Grass should be shooting up like wildfire next week.

10. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, you wanna send some of that our way? We've only been about two weeks without any kind of steady rain but youd be amazed at how fast things start to dry up. . .