When it Rains.....IT POURS!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trevors Lawn Care, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

First off..Any words lacking letters or mispellings in this thread is because i am using an OLD keyboardr with sticky keys...I CAN SPELL...

Anyway.
    Two nights ago...Girlfriend and I areon our way to dinner, and i notice my truck shifting abit funny. Well first thing yesterday morning i drop it off at the dealership, and have to use my fathers van to do the wok yesterday and today.

As we are pulling the trailer i got impatient at a stop light and decided to take another route..> Well, I was slowing for the turn and noticed the car behindme was not slowing 1 bit. So instead of getting butt crunched i cut the turn a bit short....ACTUALLY A LOT SHORT! I look out the mirror and BOOM blow a trailer tire. Well, after 1 hour and $75 bucks we were back on the road..(no spare...Had to travel to the tire shop). That was yesterday

Today cutting along..Still in a '94 astro van, and everything is going smoothly. On friday's in my neighborhood we have a ton of push mower accounts... well on the last one, my push mower handle breaks so it was only connected with one bar. Well we finish all the accounts todayand drive to the dealership to hear some TERRIBLE news. Damn truck needs a new tranny...Mind you, i just got it in march, it is 4 years old and has 70k on it. $2600 for a rebuilt, or $1900 for them to rebuild it.

Those were the bad things...Some other minor bad things were the fact that 4 of my lawns happened to be squirted today...(Cut tomorrow) and i had to skip another due to lack of water (first one this year).

On the bright side, yesterdya i got three calls, signed one contract today, and two more pending. Also, because of my scholastic abilities i recieved a $850 check made out to me, to spend as i please. That sets off the cost of the tranny a tad, but not much! luckily business has exploded this year and i have $ in the bank.

I would have rather put $2600 into my truck performance wise rather than a damn transmission!

Hope things clear up!

Trevor

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Still better than a week of working for someone else...

3. Trevors Lawn Care

I'll drink to that any day of the week.

trevor

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You did put it into the trucks performance. No tranny and no performance.

Chin up friend, if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Very true. Roll with the punches i guess

trevor

6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I had a week like that two weeks ago. Brake problems and a broken spring on the truck. Flat mower tire think I will try SLIME.
    Dont worry all the weeks are not bad and its over now.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I had to do a new tranny as well this week in my F-350 PSD. Ford wanted $4100, Jasper $2600...hmmm, lemme think this one over...NOT.

Yo Jasper, get over here right now!

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll buy the next round:drinkup:

9. Trevors Lawn Care

Thats the same price I got for the jasper. ALSO it comes with a 3 year 75k warranty. That is enough said right there.

Trevor

NOW, of course my father blames my terrible driving habbits to the wear out of this tranny. In my old car i beat the **** out of it, but have REALLY toned it down with my truck. I believe the tranny was already F'd but what if anything could i have done to cause it to wear prematurely? I always tow in Tow/Haul mode, and never do stupid stuff with it?

Just curious to see what ya;ll havve to say.

trevo

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Why is that, how did you get it?