when it rains

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adam underwood, Mar 19, 2005.

1. adam underwood

adam underwood LawnSite Member

when it rains and you cant get to some of your jobs, do you try to get them done during the week or do you just skip that week and come back the next?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you should always try to get them in for the week, always.

3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto!!!!!!!!!

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

As soon as the rain stops and it dries a bit (depending on the amount of rain) you have to pick back up right where you left off. That's the only trouble with this kind of work, putting it off till tomorrow just makes the whole week off. Usually the growth rate of the grass dictates just how long it can go, usually 7 days is about the limit, there can be real trouble if the grass is really growing and you get put off 2 days! Can't fathom a whole week...

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

unless it rains so much ,that lawn is flooded,and if you cut it with a ztr you leave mud ruts in it , thats another reason why i have a 36 inch walk behind ,its just not for small back yards gates ,its also for very wet lawns so i can stay on schedule

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I always have a list of extra work that needs to be done. Most of which can be done in the rain. Such as plantings, cleanings, weeding, mulch, etc.