1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

when mowing what are good respirator mask and glasses.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kebrowns, Jul 28, 2012.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

Here in Georgia I am running across a lot of dust while mowing and sometimes stuff getting into my eyes. I have tried some nasal mask but they make me feel like I am starving for air. I also tried some glasses but they keep fogging up. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also whats good for ears?

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

While I'm not advocating that you breathe dust, maybe if it's that dry it doesn't need cutting.

Disposable foam ear plugs for the ears.

3. american dream

american dream LawnSite Senior Member

I like to use my Swedish military surplus gas mask.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Haha....awesome.

Bandana (hence the name "Outlawn") and cheapie Z87 safety sunglasses from Ace. If it does the job in dusty, dirty west Texas, I'm sure it'll do the job in GA. For the ears, I have some nice SkullCandy headphones that do a great job of blocking out sound and debris. I use some Howard Leight slimline ear muffs when on the ZTR. Hope that helps
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

7. OmegaRed

OmegaRed LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

8. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I use a 3M mask. I use OCC wrap around sunglasses that I bought from TSC. Hold tight against the face and keep stuff out.

9. Wolfsnout®

Wolfsnout® LawnSite Member
    from GA.

Hello ALL...Tim with Wolfsnout here!
    I would like to present to you a great product many of you can use. The Wolfsnout® Dust Mask!

[​IMG]
    Originally designed for hot offload desert racing the Wolfsnout® has set the standard. Turns out that this great product fits right in for other applications as well.
    [​IMG]
    They are super light weight, super easy to breathe through and cooler to use on a hot day when compared to the restrictive land filling through away masks and filters.
    [​IMG]
    One of the coolest things about the Wolfsnouts is the fact that you can use them wet on a hot day.
    Rinse them out over and over again. Taken care of they can last for years!
    Now that's Eco friendly.
    Find hundreds of reviews and comments on the web.

Go here to learn more.http://www.wolfsnout.com/Dust_mask_for_landscaping.html

They are 100% made in the USA:usflag: