when should i buy a z-rider mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by just grass, Jul 2, 2003.

1. just grass

just grass LawnSite Member

i bought my walk behind about a 2 months ago, i'm doing pretty good with my accounts but i feel that i should buy a z-rider, i have been looking at scag, lesco, bunton, and dixie chopper. but i'm not sure when is it a good time to buy one of these mowers, should i wait til i have so many accounts that i can manage them or i do it now should i can have the ability to use the machine and get use to its operations. any recommendations on which one too? please no exmark unless u can give me a reason.

2. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

It all depends on what part of town you are working!

The dealer is more important than the brand!

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

why dont you want an exmark?

4. just grass

just grass LawnSite Member

well i was kidding about the exmark, i guess it didnt come out the right way.

as for what part of town whats the reason for that ? is it what type of yards or grass?

please include any models of brands you recommend

5. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a low-no debt kind of operater and I suggest that you get close to maxing out with the equipment you have before you buy bigger.
    (especially if you must borrow to do it.)
    Demo all that you can on your properties, so you make an educated purchase, and you will also learn how to run one.
    I also sugest that you try diffrent types of mowers, Larger WB's
    Mid Mounts, Out Fronts and see what you like the best for your buck.

6. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Get the exmark lq dfi lazer and I assure you you will be posting down the road and how it was one of the best things you did in buisness!:D