1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When should I have my commercial bids in by?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Feb 24, 2005.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I live in northern New Jersey and I've been scoping out commercial accounts. There is still snow on the ground here and another storm is expected tonight. I was hoping to have them in by march 1st but i don't see that happening with my crazy schedule right now. should I really bust my but to have them done by March 1st or is that still alitte early for me.
    thanks. Rich.
  2. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have 100% Commercial and my contract dates vary from site to site. I have several that are calendar year contracts. Then there are the ones that follow the 1st quarter (March 1 or April 1), but then I do have some that are June/July and even Sept. You really need to get in touch with the Property Manager or the decision maker and find out their contract dates. However, most reputable companies always have a 30 day out clause in their contracts. It is very hard to bid in the snow, especially more than 4" of the stuff! I am in the midst of bidding properties now because one of my clients has properties all over the SE and wants to put them on the same calendar, starting April 1. So any properties that are in my vacinity that I currently don't have, I am bidding so that I can get them added to my portfolio. By the way, it's 60+ degrees here today! :D