when should pass out flyers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasschoppers lawn m, Mar 4, 2003.

1. grasschoppers lawn m

grasschoppers lawn m LawnSite Member

hey every one, I'm here in Maryland and snow is still on the ground. last year I did my flyers around April and I lost out on a lot of money because the only people calling me where the ones that are calling 5 to 10 different companies to find the best price. you know them(last year I had a guy cut it for $10) and the yard is 1/4 acre. well this year I was hoping to get my hand on some better people. I wanted to start passing everything out around the 15th of March, but when I look out side all I see is about a foot of snow on the ground. The last thing I want to do is pass out my flyer for a week or two and people just look at them and then look out side and say to themselves grass what grass and throw them away. so if you guys can help me out that would be great. should I wait a few more weeks,or should I start now or wait until the 15th or what. again thank you . Rick
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Now. People will keep the flyer, they know spring is near.
  3. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Definetly start now!! We are supose to get another ft of snow on the ground tonight but I am in full swing with my advertising. People now spring is coming and are thinking about what they need done this season. March 15th sounds good!!! if not sooner!
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Get those flyers out and the sooner the better. You want to be the guy they think of and people know that spring is just around the corner. Best of luck to you just down send any of those flyers down to Northern Va.:D