1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When Soliciting New Homeowners?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi All,

I saw someone post a great idea about soliciting new homeowners about a week or two after they settle into their new home.

What kind of response rate do you think you could expect from this type of advertising? Do you think that it would be higher then say your normal flyer response since they just moved in and probably do not have a lawn company yet, about the same, or lower? Who feels that this would be an effective way to increase their customer base?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

when I was doing electrishion work all we did was install's on new homes.
    And sa ya may know they dont build untill it's sold.

The home owners would come by quite offten to check how things are going and I met several of them and gave them a business card and a discont.

I did'nt get not 1 customer.

But that's just me. it may work for you
  3. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

My first customer was new to the area. Visited them, earned their business and re-signed next year's contract already.

Even if you only get a couple, seems worth it to me.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our experts. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi Trinity Lawn Care, LLC,

I think your best bet is to hand out as many flyers as you can in your service area multiple times through out the year.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the advice folks...