When the boss loves the Stihl fs100RX 4Mix, but the employees don't?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Aug 5, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's the deal I love this 4mix trimmer but my guys don't. I didn't spend the money for it to sit in the garage. Employees drive nuts. I used this for hours on end and love it. They don't like the weight but it's light less than 11 lbs and they don't like the way it handles. There's more of them than me so maybe I should stay with the Redmaxes.

2. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I don't know about Redmax but I sure won't ever go back to the 2stroke Stihl in anything I can get a 4 stroke in. What weight there is is on the top side and the head is very light. I am much faster with the light head and more power. To each his own I guess.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Will buy for a good price if interested?

4. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Got a new FS80 and a new FS110... wish I had gone with a 4-mix trimmer too, instead of the 80.

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

whos using it? you or employees?? sounds to me like you should listen to what they are saying. after all, THEY are the ones that have to use it.

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I work with them, so we both use it.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Your employees need to come out from under their rocks and realize how much better that sucker is than a 2 stroker. That trimmer has an excellent power to weight ratio and is light as hell IMO. Love mine but I guess your employees like using rocks instead of hammers?

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Who is the boss? Who signs their paychecks (or hands them their money under the table) ?

If they worked for a different segment of the workforce and had a new piece of equipment come in to start using and refused to use it, they'd be back out on the street looking for another job.

You can be a boss and lay down how things are going to work, or just roll over and wait for them to rub your tummy.

9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

maybe im missing something..... if they are doing a good job with the older one and they are HAPPY using it, then whats the big deal? Keep your employees happy, in turn, there will be a better chance of them keeping u happy in the long run.

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

Thats right showem whos boss, beatem till morale improves. If you have a good productive employee why not supply him with the tools he likes. Chew their butts out and give them tools they don't like and watchem slow down, yea thats the ticket.