1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When the customer outsmarts themselves...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Jun 14, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I never thought I would say this, but I love it when that happens.

Usually, it's somebody who thought they were going to get over on me, but I didn't see anything coming, likely because they went wrong somewhere. My favorite part is when it comes time to pay, that's when you see realization dawning on their face.

I'm just like, I should feel bad, but since 9 out of 10 customers are like that, I'm just glad it's no longer happening to me.
    And if I do see it coming, I'm gone so fast.
  2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a woman get mad at me once and turned on the sprinklers so the lawn would be wet and make me come back later just to p___ me off. The problem was one of the heads was stuck and was spraying a steady stream across the drive and into an opened window on her car. I saw it form the house next door and went to ask her to turn off the system so it would be dry enough to cut by the time I got there. She agreed so I told her about the open window. She was probably wondering why I was smiling about the system being on.