when the pond burst....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mcwlandscaping, Apr 15, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

these are pics that i took today of a pond that burst last fall. I will be taking care of his 2 acre lawn this summer and went today to check it out and brought my camera along to take pics of the emptied pond..there are quite a few pics...all the empty space used to be filled with water

first set

Eric pond 1_15_1.JPG

Eric pond 10_16_1.JPG

eric pond 14_20_1.JPG

eric pond 23_28_1.JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

next set... more empty pond

Eric pond 8_38_1.JPG

Eric pond 9_39_1.JPG

3. mcwlandscaping

Beaver dam that was on the pond when it burst....now empty

Eric pond 4_34_1.JPG

Eric Pond 6_36_1.JPG

4. mcwlandscaping

where she burst....the place where the log is accross is where it blew out..

Eric pond 5_35_1.JPG

Eric pond 2_24_1.JPG

5. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

That could suck if the land is too wet your mower will sink. I got my mower stuck in a ladys back yard 2 feet away from a stream, the ground was so soft my tires sank about 8".

6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

WAIT!!! You're going to mow that drained pond with your Metro???? You'll wreck the mower!:hammerhead: Did you mean you're mowing a lawn that is near the pond?

7. mcwlandscaping

lol, im mowing the guys lawn that aways away from the pond...thats just right off of his prop that i went and checked out!! he has 2 acres of nice turf to mow!!!

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

By the looks it was a shallow pond, now would be a great time to clean it out and make it a little deeper with some natural structure for fish

9. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

That was my furst thought. Awfully shallow pond eh?

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

looked like more of a mosquito bed than what i would call a "pond". I'm looking at the sides and can't tell where the bank is that would have held water anyway? Maybe the pictures are taken at the wrong perspective ?