1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

when the shoes on the other foot

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by landscaper57, Aug 6, 2003.

1. landscaper57

landscaper57 LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

I was checking on a job today where a pool was being put in. The pool contractor had the pool up a little high (3") at the most. One the other contractors stated that he would make the pool contractor tear the pool down and lower the pool the 3" if he was the owner. I talked to the contractor about this and came to the conclusion that it would cost him about $2500 to do this and we came up with an agreeable solution so he didn't have to do this.

The contractor that was so gungho about the pool being tore out and replaced screwed up on his project. When I called him to tell him that he had messed up and that he needed to fix his problem you should have heard him. He didn't want me to say anything to the homeowner about this unless they noticed and then he would patch his mistake. It would have cost him probaly $2000 labor and material to fix his mistake.

Moral of the story:
    If it was you, how would you want to be treated.
    But for the grace of God, go I........................:angel:
  2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I wouldn't have gotten involved in the first place.
  3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

So..... what was the agreeable solution? What did the other contractor do that was wrong? Maybe I am not understanding who did what wrong. Please clarify. Thanks.
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Ok. The moral of the story makes sense and we thank you for that. However, your story lacks detail. Would you mind enlightening us with more specifics?........:)
  5. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the details don't matter. He is illustrating how we ought not jump all over someone else when they make a mistake without trying to work it out, but rather treat them the same way you feel you should be treated in the same situation. Not to say that execution is not appropriate in some cases.

... the glass house and stone throwing thing.