When to "advertise" for commercial property maintenance?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Im guessing this is the wrong time of year :confused: Ive been adding names to a list locally that I'd like to get on a property management bid for this comming 08 season but most have already been locked into accounts months ago.

Ive had places with choosen bids by August 07 for the 08 season. I assumed 3+ months prior to the lawn cutting/maintenance seasonal start for 08 would be substantial time to gain some more commercial accounts but apparently not :/

Other places have told me that they typically have 11-15 companies bid out their job yearly, and for one place, the company who has done it seasonally has done it for the past 5 years because he comes in lower than the rest each year. Is there money to be made here then? Some of these complexes consist of retirement homes etc. that are 300-850 homes deep. Basically, some of them i would need a whole seperate lawn crew just to work on their property so it would be hard for me to estimate exactly how long it would take to mow this complex each week.

2. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Most bids are being accepted now for March 08 to 09! Hop on it dude!

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Now is the best time to contact commercial prop. I have received 2 comm bids this week.