When to advertise for Fall/Winter

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Aug 30, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

When do you guys start advertising for Fall/Winter? What are your best selling services that should be advertised the most? Leaf cleanup, gutter cleaning,flowerbed install and renovation?

2. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

start advertising snow plowing in July, give the customers a break if they pre pay by a certin date. Works pretty good for all parties involved. Letters will be along with the Aug bills, which go out today, advertising fall clean-ups to my customers. You can never be to early, in my opinion, always gets the customer thinking ahaead

3. stevenf

There is no snow to plow in Louisiana. whats your second best seller?

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

If this storm hits near, you will have all the cleanup work you can handle. Get a good chainsaw and a helper. Other than that bed cleaning and mulching seem to be good sellers in fall.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  5. stevenf

I was thinking about the storm also. If it continues in its path, We should get hit pretty hard. I guess ill have to start door hangers the day after the storm.

6. saylorsdad

saylorsdad LawnSite Member

not sure but if you cut many trees after a hurricane you may be able to sell the wood for firewood if you let it season for a month or two

7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to start advertising for my fall and winter services pretty soon, because it's starting to get really slow around here. Stupid drought!!!!!

8. stevenf

This may sound silly but do you guys get EVERY leave doing leaf cleanup? This doesnt include thoughs who have a bagger. I have a backpack blower but I was planning on side discharging on my mower and circle the yard.

9. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

send flyers out for snow early to mid oct

10. openbook

openbook LawnSite Member

Best thing to do after a storm would be knocking on doors, having all the equipment ready to go.