When to apply pre-m for crabgrass

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by xtremelawn, Jan 15, 2008.

1. xtremelawn

xtremelawn LawnSite Member
    from USA

When should i apply my Pre-M for Crabgrass? I live in the Fort Worth area.
    I think i'm in zone 8 but i'm real close to zone 7. I will be using DG Aquacap.
    Should i do the full rate now or do a split app.

Thanks

2. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Use soil temp, not zone for timing.

Do a search on this site for numerous discussions on subject.

3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Growing degree days, or when the forsythia turn green... not when they flower.

4. summitlawncare

summitlawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys I dont mean to change the subject, but I need some advice...

I operate out of Tulsa, OK. I have a client that has decent size sticker problem in his back yard. They are everywhere. Of course they are dormant right now. I have not been doing the weed control part of the business for too long (only a couple of years). Any suggestions as to what to apply to help control them when thinigs start to come back this spring? I was thinking of applying some round up, or possibly Three-Way from Lesco. And of course I am going to hit it with a couple of rounds of pre-m. Any other suggestions? The site in question is about 1500 sq ft.

5. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Sticker.... that sounds like a local name for some type of weed. Never heard of it. Do you have another name for it?

6. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Start a new thread instead to ask your question instead of hijacking another one. You'll get a better response anyway if you do.

7. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

It's probably burweed.

8. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

When you say pre-m do you mean Pendamethalin? or do you mean a pre m in general, the reason I ask is products like barricade/stonewall you can go out alot earlier especially if youre gonna be doing split apps.

9. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

oh stickers my 6 yr old daughter put them all over my oak desk, im sure roundup wont get them off without damaging the wood. lol

10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Sticker works good when you think it might rain