when to bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by environment, Apr 16, 2004.

1. environment

environment LawnSite Member

new to the commercial accounts system
    when is the best time to bid on commercial lots
    i am trying to pick up a few to start building a more concrete maintenance division but dont know when to try and get them
  2. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

For Lawn Maintenance and any other services on a commercial property I would suggest towards the end of the year is the best time to get in, that is when most "yearly" contracts end. About this time is when all the last minute people are trying to pick someone up, but they usually already have an idea of who they are going to call. You could start calling around to property management companies to see when properties will be open for bidding again. It can be hard to get in, but usually once your in your in as long as your work is good and your reliable. These people don't want to have to worry any bit about maintenance other than how it looks from time to time and paying the bill.

3. Grass Groomer

Grass Groomer LawnSite Member

My best luck has been in Jan. Snow contracts are still in effect. But the year is new and the company will want things to take to the board for approval and budgeting. Just my 2 cents.