When to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dnacker, Mar 31, 2005.

1. dnacker

dnacker LawnSite Member

Hello

I am just starting out. I have all the legal licenses required to do lawncare in Wisconsin. I am in the process of putting out flyers as of this week. As of now I have no equipment (I also have no customers). I'm sure everyone who is reading this that was in my position was faced with the decision of what to buy and when to buy it. Should I wait until I get the customers and then buy? or buy the equipment and constantly push the business and pray. Anyone who had this dilemma please respond. I realize I am the one who has to make the decision, Im just looking to see how others handled it.

Thanks

Dave

2. Property Pro

Property Pro LawnSite Member

You are going to have to spend some money to make money. I would get a mower before you start getting costomers. If you buy a good commercial mower it might take a while for the dealer to order it and put it together. Don't go cheap on a mower, you won't be satisfied with the performance or quality of cut.

3. kwelch

kwelch LawnSite Member

I would go buy the equipment now. Make sure you buy top of the line equipment. I'm sure you will pick some business up. And if not I'll buy your equipment for half price....LOL.
    Seriously though I would buy the equipment now. You don't want to pickup business then tell them you can't mow yet cause you don't have equipment. I'm sure that wouldn't go over well with them.