1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

when to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdw, Aug 19, 2001.

1. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

When is the best time to buy a mower (eXmark Lazer)? Do you buy now, wait for winter, or wait for the new models? How much do the new models usually increase in price and how much more are dealers asking for them in spring compared to now?

2. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Well, with the season coming to an end you're going to be able to get closeouts and end of season, new model year type deals. However, you're only going to be cutting a few more months most likely before winter. If you buy in the spring, you'll pay more possibly, but you'll have a full season to support and pay for your purchase.
  3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Vandora on the closeout and end of season theory,but only you know when the time is right.I purchased my mower at end of season last year, and used my six month no pay option and it worked out well for me.Another concern, is that if you purchase this year will it be stored inside all winter? Good luck, keep us posted!!!!!:rolleyes:
  4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I usually purchase equipment at year's end or close to it. I just bought my 3rd suburb'n turb'n a couple of days ago and got a really sweet deal on a 200 hour demo. It works for me.......Lynn
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Many mfg's offer all their no interest - no payments until May of next year around this time! Exmark, for instance, has several great programs available. One of them, I believe, is 0 money down, no payment until April, and then no interest until May. Good incentive.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i got to go check that out runner. i can do that
  7. Wangel

Wangel LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

The lead story in Grounds Maintenance Magazine titled "Buying Smart" gives lots of tips and tricks on when and where to purchase new and or used equipment. The magazine is free, so you have no excuse for not reading it.
  8. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

Where can I find this magazine?

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I bought my Lazer HP last Sept with the ultra vac. I was able to leaf jobs all winter and spring. Spring cleanups were easy. Then just changed over to the mulch kit at May 1 and been cutting ever since. I was glad I didn't wait until spring. I made short work of lots of leaf jobs.
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator