1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

when to charge clients

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by snobird, Feb 28, 2008.

1. snobird

snobird LawnSite Member

when i ran my small busniess a while back i charged clients after i got done with the job, should i now charge them monthly, weekly or what do you guys do.

im almost ready to start my busniess up but need a little more help
  2. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

Solo operation here.... I bill bi-monthly myself ,only cuz I have to! :dizzy:

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

for me i bill both ways most of my customers i bill weekly because i have payroll every week. but i bill 25% monthly those are the higher end customers.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

when I sgin up a new customer, I make them pay for the 1st visit after job is complete,

then it's monthly
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Monthly for me but make sure your monthlies are ones you can trust. You don't want to get stiffed out of 4-8 weeks work (depending on your billing cycle) on a no-pay.
    I plan to do a few by the job simply because they cannot afford a big monthly bill all at once. Work with your customers, you will get a sense of what type of people they are. If you get bad vibes, simply turn down the work, there are better fish in the sea.
  6. snobird

snobird LawnSite Member

thanks guys for the help