1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

When to distribute flyers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Feb 28, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, well, at least there's still not 4-5 inches of snow on the ground there..lol.
    9 months of mowing, now that's nice!

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh its real nice. altho june thru august its an average of 110 degrees...

3. green-pa

My Lord, what part of TX are u in!? Are the tempts rising there or what?

4. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

im in the ft worth-dallas area. thats really not all the time, but weve hit that for a week or two.

5. green-pa

Man! That is tough working out in that stuff I'm sure! The most I've worked out in here is like 95-100 deg at a lawn and garden place. It was brutal and had to take a lotta water drinking breaks and get in the shade when possible.
    Hopefully it won't be too bad for u this year.

6. Yard Cowboy

Yard Cowboy LawnSite Member

We get about 8 good months of mowing here as well (March into Oct.). It's only usually ugly 2 months out of the year. This year I was out in shorts in January with temps into the high 60's.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We distributed around 700 post cards yesterday. Got a call to give an estimate around a pool. Very nice pool to landscape. I'm on lunch gotta go.

8. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

really after the first couple of seasons, you get used to it. i keep a 5 gallon jug on the trailer, and always visit it when i get to the yard, then after mowing, after trimming, after blowin everything off. so i usually fill it every 2-3 days.

9. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

Im still waitin on my door hangers to get here...the second i get them im handin them out!

10. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

different times in different places