1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When to flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DavidJNiziol, Mar 23, 2006.

1. DavidJNiziol

DavidJNiziol LawnSite Member

Hey guys not a newbie but could still use some advice on when to get your flyers out. I'm in michigan and i believe flyer timing is very important. Just wondering when you think the best time to get them out is. March or April I know last year I put some out late march, did not get the best response because I think it was still to cold for customers to start thinking about lawn care. This year I was thinking of the first week of April when it really starts to warm up. I think if your to early allot of potential customers just throw you stuff away because its not at the top of there priorities yet. What do you guys think.
  2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

Im in mich also unusaally cold march we have our advertising goes out march 1st in newspapers, yellow pages run year round, and we mail letters thru the post office and put flyers in newsleters in march also. We don't hand out flyers tho. I tear up anything left in my door or mailbox lol thats a pet peev of mine. But i would say get on the bandwagon cause ive thrown out 1/2 dozen in my door already
  3. lowballer17

lowballer17 LawnSite Member

Passed out over 2000 flyers. Best times seem to be on sunny days. Avoid passing out on cold, rainy/snowy days.