when to get a new mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jungerla, Mar 5, 2013.

1. jungerla

jungerla LawnSite Member

i have 2 exmark mowers right around 1300 hours 2007 and 2008. do i try to sell them now while they are worth a better amount to upgrade or just run them out for all they are worth and make all them money i can off them and then worry about it when i need one?

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

maybe just sale one of them and buy 1 new mower?

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I need more info but in general I would think there are many more good hours left in those machines. If they are falling apart and operated by employees then maybe it's time to sell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jungerla

jungerla LawnSite Member

Nope they are both in good shape garage kept well maintained normal cosmetic look to having been used for 1300 hours. My thinking is that they'd be worth more to sell now at 1300 but I don't really know the value to put on them. I have an employee that helped me last year but I would always switch between the two mower to make sure they were both running good
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Keep the mowers 1300 hours is low use. The value on the mower is higher if it's low hours. Why sell a good machine
    If the mowers are 2008 and up you looking at 1k to 1.5k
    Depending on condition.:waving:

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Way off on value. Assuming they are zero turns since most walkbehinds don't have hourmeters.
    If they are Lazers they would go for $4500-$5500 and up around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Having 2 I would keep them.

7. jungerla

jungerla LawnSite Member

Yah they are lazerz hp 52 inch and 56 inch decks
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. SwatDawg15

SwatDawg15 LawnSite Member

They would fetch 5K here. I miss my 56 triton Lazer. I run Scag TT now, but I also love the older 52 Exmarks.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I suggest keeping one, and buying a new one. Use the new one as much as possible because of the warranty and the other for helper days or if the new one is in the shop.