1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When to Market for New Maintenance Accounts??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by evergreenlandscaping, Dec 26, 2003.

1. evergreenlandscaping

evergreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

I am starting to market maintenance to my customers.
    When is the best time to mail proposals?
    What month should I start my services?
  2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

They say all year. For me I advertise in the fall, mostly for commercial, and in the spring for residential. YP ad is in all year.
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I have already signed for 2004 for all the commercials, but not for residentals, we just let the calls come in and keep who we already service. I am at the point they must be on or along the route no out of the ways. But to target the large commercials I would say all year also, even if you call in the middle of the year you could find out when they have open bidding and get your name in their mind.
  4. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I push for commercial accounts here year round. If I have a rainy day I am there talking to them and telling them how I can help them. Besides I only know of a couple of accounts that renew the first of the year. I keep on the commercial accounts because l have a lot of pain in the a** residential acccounts, I am tired of packing a 135 lb mower up and down stairs. If I can grap about 12 more commercial accounts and get a ZTR I will drop all my residentials but about 4 or 5 ! The ones that I can use a larger machine on and the couple that have been with me since day one!