1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When to post Fall Clean up/Leaf Removal ad?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dstosh, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

When should I place a fall clean up and leaf removal ad in the paper? I have been thinking about when to do it and have come to the conclusion with in the next two weeks. If this sounds up to par or not let me know what you do.

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes,start now and continue until you can't stand the thought of leaves anymore or there is lots of snow on the ground.
  3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I just got in the daily paper today.

Double service combo.

Fall clean-up and sprinkler blow out for $20 off regular price.

It also promoted a spring sprinkler turn-on with some spring service (can't r. what).
  5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

green in idaho.

thats sounds like a good deal. what do you use to blow out your sprinklers?
  6. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I received THAT flyer from someone else.

I do not blow out sprinklers any longer. Been there and it's COLD! Not to mention it conflicts with opening elk season.

pic is from some site. ??

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I have found that people don't start thinking about leaves until they at least start to turn. And then the weather also plays a factor. Really warm, nice weather does not bode well for leaf cleanup, as people do it themselves. Colder, nastier weather gets people to think about hiring. And when leaves turn early and fall early, it's not good. Later turning leaves and leaves that fall in November means that people don't want to clean them up themselves (but then you start bumping into snow). Starting advertising early in September when the leaves are still green and on the trees has never done well for me. I usually start the first of October and go through mid November. I have a radio ad this year (trade for services) so we will see how that goes. I am also going to try hauling leaves away this year. :dizzy: :dizzy:
  8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Start the end of Aug. and run though The end of Oct., thats what we did....
  9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Where in the state are you?
    That will determine when you run the adds for effectiveness and not waste money doing it to early.
  10. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Western Ny about 20 minutes from lake ontario