when to remove leaf bagger and blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wegomow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

When do you remove the leaf collection system from your mower? All the leaves have fallen, for the most part. Should I leave it on for Spring clean ups on potential new accounts? This is my first season in this business and I have a blower attachment along with the triple bagger that was installed for the first time this Fall. I should ad, it isn't the type of bagger system you can remove quickly and easily.

2. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, i never got into bagging with a mower. If there are concentrated leaves, i'll get them in a tarp, and then mulch the rest. Never had a complaint. I just don't like the extra steps, and you can't see anything on the lawn when i'm done.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I would leave it on for spring cleanups.

I'm a bit puzzled by your statement that it isn't easily taken off/put on. I leave the rear hopper on my mower all of the time and put on/take off the blower and tube to the rear hopper on a regular basis. Usually the original installation takes some time but after that putting it on and taking it off is pretty simple and easy. What make/model is your mower.

4. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

leave the back part on and take off the blower and tubes and if its the 3 part bag part take those off

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Leave mine on almost all the time except when I'm mowing empty lots. My entire bagger setup comes on or off in a couple minutes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i never use a bagger system.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Just leave the thing on. Why take it off to put it back on in a few months.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I leave it on until the beginning of the next season. Do some spring cleanups and after the second week or so of regular service, I convert back over to side discharge.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I leave mine on for spring cleanups and dethatching

10. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

It is a bolt on blower, I can remove the tube and hopper pretty easily. Then the discharge chute cover and the mulch plates need to be put back on. Not hard per say but not something I want to do more than once a season. The whole system adds length and width which takes up valuable real estate on my trailer also.