When to sell

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Butterfly, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly LawnSite Member

:hammerhead: when do you stop beating your head aginst the wall and say, okay I made a h---- of a run on this business and to sell.
    been in it for 7 years and, it's time to sell it and just work for someone eles in the biz.
    Family is not suffering but, we are not getting ahead either. Have gained new clients and have kept the ones I have always had as well.
    I am not making anything either, just enough to pay my bills and not all either.
    I am still in love with what I do but mentally exhausted and yet aloud myself to sucommed to somekind of default. still holding on though, knowing it has to get better.
  2. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

only you know when it's time good luck & god bless
  3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Only thing is you dont really get what your company is worth. No one really wants to pay anything. The problem is that everyone in the lawn field complains that the customer wants something for nothing but yet most LCO want something for nothing also. Hence why there are only a handful of huge LCO.
  4. mountaineer

mountaineer LawnSite Member
    from WA

Maybe you need to charge more. Have a chat with each client and say that your expenses have gone way up.
    Might be hard to sell a business where money is not generating.
  5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

how many weekly accounts do you have?