When to send renewal forms in Northeast?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HydroRI, Feb 10, 2007.

1. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

When do you guys in the northeast send out your renewal forms for lawn apps. with pre-pay option? I am thinking I will send mine out no later than Feb. 20th and will be due by March 15th.

It just seems too early considering we haven't even had any snow to speak of yet. Are people even thinking about there lawn?? I am planning on starting first round the first week in april if there is no snow on ground.

2. rockymtnmf

rockymtnmf LawnSite Member

Mine went out Dec 15th and must prepay buy Jan 22nd. (im in PA) If you don't get them out soon you run the risk of another company stealing them before they re-new with you. I would get them out ASAP!

3. We sub all Fertilizing out to another company. But, we re-new through-out the winter with a final due date by Feb. 28th.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

the last appliation of 06 there is a 07 renewal form that they send back with there last app's payment which explaines 07 increase if any. and the first app. (lime) in feb. they get the 07 packet that they sign and send back with there first payment.i been doing this for 15 years ansd it works out fine..i know in december who signed on and who i lost..

5. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

No later than Jan 15, prepay by march 1. The big guys send em out in october. Get off the couch and start getting some money coming in.

6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

ours went out just before Christmas....to date 22% of our customers have paid us for this coming season. we ussually run around 30% prepays so we're on target. our 'deadline' is Feb 25.

you are missing out on a lot of "bank account fat time" if you arent getting them out earlier

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Our 1st mailing went out jan 1st, second mailing went out yesterday.

8. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Our mailing goes out in early December with a deadline of 1/15, but we honor late PP up until about 3/1. We put that money in the bank and earn 4.5 -5% interest and also have some operating money. We also have the ability to PP our spring order if the discount is high enough. You are very late if you haven't mailed yet.

9. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

do you drop the prepay discount on the second mailings?

we send out another 1st week in March.But we only send those out to customers who did prepay last year...but we havent heard from them this year (we keep the same discount as our first mailing)

we are actually putting more and more customers on a 10 month payment plan. folks who bank online love it. they just have their bank send us a check monthly
    we have Feb 25 as the first installment date and Nov 25 as the last installment (this has helped with winter cash flow and no discounts which helps the bottom line)
    If we taks on a new customer say in April and they want to go on the budget plan they need to pay Feb, Mar and April by April 25. Having a constant start date helps with bookkeeping alot

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

The way our renewal form is formatted we recieve advance payment for, aerations, spring lime applications & spring services. We only have a small % of clients paying for the entire season up front. All advance payment is optional, not required.