When to Start advertising?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Oct 23, 2006.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Should I start dropping flyers, door hangers, etc. in January or February 2007... When should I start?

Thanks
    From Louisville KY

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Do It now!!!

Name recognition is key, Do it often, do it always, Flyers are cheap, and you most likely have the time now

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

So true! So True

4. fortdan

fortdan LawnSite Member

Chances are if you flier now, people will just through them away. It's hard enough to get people to look at them in the spring, so why would they look at them in the winter, when their not even thinking about their lawn!

5. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I can see doing it now instead of Later. If you do it now you get a name in their minds. Even if they do throw it away and then you end them more in the spring the name will ring a bell with them. I have gotten several customers from fliers that I passed out in the winter and they called in the summer when it got too hot and then they just stuck with me... It is all about getting embedded in their feeble little minds.....

6. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

keep advertising!!!! Even if it is just 100 flyers in a week or a month. You never know what people do with fliers. Give them an incentive though, 10% off, 20$ off, free 1yrd of mulch etc. if they sign a contract. Keep your name out there.

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would agree to a degree. You are probably right many will just throw them away. Then again many will throw them away in the spring as well. PM LAWN is right name recognition is very important. You shouldn't think that for one minute that because it is autumn that you can not pick up new customers. We have already picked up a handful from our fall advertisements. I have an estimate to go on today, and we still have more to do.

It rarely hurts your company to advertise. It usually always helps either today or some time in the future.

8. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting LawnSite Member

I was thinking about choosing one neighbourhood a week, for the next couple months or so and handing out flyers with a 10% off incentive or something, then also at each main entrance to the neighbourhood put one of those corrogated plastic signs, that way there is some connection and hopefully it might stick. what do you guys think