When to start business and what to offer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rangerob05, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Rangerob05

Rangerob05 LawnSite Member

Looking to get into the business. Have some experience. When is the best time to start up the business?

As for my opening pricing. I thought of making 3-4 different plans. At different prices of course.

Plan A
    Just Mow, trim and blow

Plan B.
    Plan A + Beds

Plan C
    Plan B + Fertilzer

Plan D
    Plan C + Clean ups and Trimming

Figured maybe offer a plan that included snow removal. What do you guys think. Some thing simple and easy to understand.

I know its to late for this year but maybe not for next year.

thanks in advance

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

my weekly stuff is simply mow, trim, blow and go. anything else is a seperate fee.
  3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a great time to plan for next year. You have time to flesh out what the market in your area will bear and which neighborhoods in your areas are most likely to go with an LCO, making your marketing effort much easier to plan.

I offer A and any of B, C and D, depending on what they bite on. Why have just one formula?
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Next year i am offering everything...From fertilization, to overseeding, to aeration, to hedge trimming, to spring/fall clean-ups, to weekly lawn care.

5. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait and start next season.

...better start studying for your fert and pesticide test's if you're going to offer it.

well, if you don't have it yet.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

do a little advertising for fall cleanups and try to get a little customer base for next season. a $500 investment in a blower can get you started.