1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

when to start season in colorado????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dapozer, Jan 28, 2006.

1. dapozer

dapozer LawnSite Member

Being a Fertilizer saleman for over 2+ years I only know that season starts in Feb, That is when I sell product, set endcaps, price, ect but when does season really hit for the aeration and mow biz. I am assuming mid march early april depending on snow right? Also what is the best times/months for aeration. I know this sounds dumb but i am just chomping at the bit to get going.
  2. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

you hit the nail on the head with "depending on snow", although I've seen fools with belly grinders out throwing urea on top of the snow before. Aerate anytime that you have a compaction problem and aren't suffering conditions that will lead to more damage (like running your roller over frosty grass or sinking the machine in mud). your state trade show ran last weekend, so I hope you got a chance to get over there and ask some questions from your suppliers. = )