When to use Harley Rake?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fastlane, Apr 29, 2004.

1. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I mostly mow, no landscaping.This is at my house. New lawn install. 60,000sq. ft. Did soil test etc. Added 3'' top soil etc. Rottotilled 6-7''and soil is so fluffy every footprint is 2-3'' deep. Calling for rain Fri. and Sat. Should I use Harley rake now or wait for rain to settle soil? Almost no rocks.Will use rake to level soil.
  2. lars

lars LawnSite Member

Wait for the rain. It is obvious that you don't have deep compaction. Let the rain settle things and then Harley. The Harley will scratch up the top few inches you need and you'll be ready to seed. Sometimes I roll an area beacuse it is too light and fluffy. You'll be surprised how little you'll have to rake.
  3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

40 tri axle loads. From site of new office building 3/4 miles away I paid job forman $45 per load.
  5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

That was a score. I cant beleive the foreman gave the stuff away. Was he a friend???

Im sure he is now......:cool:
  6. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We just priced topsoil last week at $310 per triaxle. Unpulverized. Pulverized was going to be around $350. No one around here carries good topsoil on a consistant basis....