1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When will GateStar and TrimStar be at the dealers?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by DLS1, Oct 8, 2004.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the latest news. I heard it was this fall but nothing yet. So has it been bumped to Spring? Is Excel still working out some bugs with them?

Since these are new will the dealers allow us to demo them for a day since they will have zero hours on them?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We are expecting delivery to dealers this spring.
    Depending on the dealer and how many they pre-ordered will dictate what models they get and when they get them.
    As with any mower and brand, your dealer will be the key to the demo, ask your dealer about his demo program.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The space shuttle didn't take this long to develop. I recall hearing several other expected dates that never materialized. Don't hold yer breath guys.
  4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Sadly, Hustler just isn't doing the math yet. Why bother with trying to grab part of a very small market (gate mowers), when the time spent on the project could be used to grab part of the much larger market of ZTRs and SWBs.

Hustler (Paul).......You really need to stop listening to some of your field salesmen!! ;)
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You mean like this one??

6. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

I disagree that it will be a small part of the walk behind sales Pete. This unit has a lot potential. Not just as a gate unit. Its more than that.I think it will replace the standard walk behind unit. But not the super walk behind. This my opinion!! Not Hustlers.The hustler walk behind is the longest unit on the market the gate star and Trimstar is the shortest walk behind on the market.

I agree that been a long time in development. But with age of technology some things that normally kept quiet during prototype seem to leak out here and there.So let Hustler just "polish" the unit. You would be the first to complain if the unit was not up to hustler standards! Right guys?!!

It will be at the dealers for the next mowing season or they wouldn't't have brought it to Louisville.It was one of those pieces at the show that all were looking at it....even other manufactures reps....hummmmmm...Interesting... :cool:
  7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Unless I'm not seeing the "gatestar" unit correctly, the overhang for trimming will be a constant side to side scalping problem. Furthermore, the extremely short wheelbase will only worsen the problem.
    Frankly, anyone with a lot of hands on mowing experience knows a "large overhanging deck" plus a "very short wheelbase" equals mucho scalping. This is just plain fact.........
  8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

i'm sure hustler did market research. I would bet more LCO's cut gated props than anything else...look how successful eXmark's Compact HP line is...both Walks & Riders.... Probably outsell the full size lazers & Tracers.

Kudos to Hustler for trying...now if we can get some feedback on how they cut grass.....
  9. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

I think Pete is that you need to see one and drive one to believe. I will not be able to convince you. So I give up. So go to the GIE show or wait and try the unit before you put a unit down. You cant judge a book by its cover!!
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey 65HOSS what happened to the feedback you mentioned on your other thread you said you would post. Did Hustler tell you not to give feedback on this site until they approved it. What gives!!!!!!