When Will It Rain?????????

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Dashunde, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the rest of you... but things are getting very brown very quickly around here.
    We haven't had a decent rain day or two in... well, I cant remember the last rain. (Nebraska btw)

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Dunno, most of my yards were on 2+ weeks to keep them from going brown.

One or two got a little borderline but the rest are green, and it just got done raining ALL day.

I keep telling you guys, don't cut when it's not raining... If you do, make sure it's at least ankle high.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

we have the opposite problem, we haven't had a decent week without rain.

4. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

We have been really dry for a while so I was actually thankful for hurricane season to arrive. Tropical storm Alberto gave us rain almost from late Monday night through around mid day on Tuesday then the sun came out and I was cutting Tuesday night.

5. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

A lot of our account look like the grass is halfway dormant - like its gonna be snowing soon. haha

Don't know what to say to you or to them - just do a rain dance and we might have some luck.

6. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Things started off here in NE very nicely, it was raining regularly and the winter brown turned green very quickly. But over the past month it has gotten hot (90-95F) with near-zero rain, and what little bit we get comes in as a thunderstorm instead of a cool day-long ground soaker.

I'll be glad to get back to St. Louis... at least theres a lot of irrigation around.

7. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

It is bad in North GA. We got virutally no moisture from Alberto.

This drought officially cost me money today, because many Fescue lawns have gone dormant. I could not do my routine Round 3 treatments of Iron due to the conditions.

If it does not change soon, Round 4 could be a total disaster. To make matters worse, my county has totally banned all outdoor watering.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

didnt rain until the day we cut and it was in the middle of a lawn

9. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

These scattered showers around here have us running around
    One prop hasnt rained in 3 weeks on the other end of the same run water standing in the driveway

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks to Alberto, we are back in business with some rain. It was getting pretty dry down here. Would not mind seeing a few more of those tropical storms with lotsa rain and little wind.

Back to reality.