When will spring get here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by orangemower, Mar 18, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the time I say, thank goodness I don't live down there. The anticipation of spring, and the cooling trend of fall, are so priceless I wouldn't want to give that up.

2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you, minus the cooling trend of fall. I hate the cold & winter! I'm all about the heat & humidity.

3. Yea, but look at you guys, you've already lost some of your yearly income. Not knocking you northerners, but I don't have to worry about that, ever.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

We normally have snow on the ground until early April here in MN. Last year was an exception. And we didn't miss out on much though, plenty of $now this year :D
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I work in the fall when it's at least this cold. I've already gotten started but am not feeling very motivated.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I worked all day out in the cold, I dont think it got above 40 and the wind was blowing. I agree this year sucks.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i got a couple of yards to cut this week. gonna wait until thursday and friday when it's in the 60s.

8. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

Even here in Kentucky its going to be a slow spring. We had 3" of snow last night, higher elevations got up to 9". Its suppose to be back up to 58* this weekend, but it is still soggy outside. I wish this cold weather would piss off, I am ready to mow.

9. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I feel your pain family, I'm in the same boat I want to get the gear ready but I don't just want it to sit there.

10. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

It wouldn't be so bad if there was snow we could still be earning, no its just cold for no reason lawns just look so ....ugly!