When will the insanity stop?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Richard Martin, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is the third John Deere mower that I've pulled out of a ditch. What is it with these guys? Do they think that these little riders can go 4 wheeling or something?

Dixie-Deere.jpg

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Is it as wet there as here in Tennessee? We are having a tough time of it. The lawns are really soft.

3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I think they are scared of swinging the weed eater and extra inch

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

What if its a Murrey, will you pull those out?

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Sure. There was a large woman on a diesel Deere ZTR that got stuck too. I'm not much on helping just plain stupid though. She tried to drive through a ditch. The front made it but the back sunk like a rock in water. She had her 2 helpers with her so I watched them cuss and swear for 45 minutes before they got it out.

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol, that reminds me of a day that i pulled into a customers house and the manpanion is trying to pull a lil JD tractor in the garage and he is spinning out at the lip on the gravel/concrete. 3hrs latter this dude was still trying to get this tractor in the garage. Two of us finally just told him to get off of it and picked it up and put it in the garage.

Had that guy had a dixie chopper he could have mud blasted right thru there in the first place..lol

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

you can push those little residential mowers out of a ditch by hand easily. the heavy 1400lb ztrs you have to use a truck or about 3-5 people. :laugh:

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like RMs GF could pull a ztr

9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I see a new ad campaign
    "nuthin get's stuck like a Deere."
    the street needs a "Deere crossing" sign, as well.

10. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hasn't anyone heard of a come-along? I work by myself alot, and it has saved me a lot of trouble, so for $60, all you need is a somewhat nearby tree, and your good to go. It has pulled my Lazer Z out when it got stuck in a muddy spot. The grass was so tall you couldn't tell it was that wet. Not one of my most glorious moments lol :p