When you advertise do you say....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by walker-talker, Feb 26, 2003.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you advertise "Fertilizer and weed control" or something like "Chemical applications"......I want to add this to the list of services which I am including on fliers and door hangers.

Thanks
    MATT

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt, the term "chemical" could be a turnoff to many people. Also the idea of "weed control" may draw negative conotations. In most cases today, "lawn fertilization" includes weed control, in the minds of most clients.

Mostly depends on your location, and how people locally look at these terms.

3. walker-talker

from Midwest

Thanks....I agree about the "chemical" thing. I think around here though, when they hear the work "fertilizer" they think of "the stuff that makes your lawn grow" and not weed control. I will give it some thought and see what else I can come up with.

Thanks again
    MATT

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

We get rid of your weeds --------- No more weeds --------- Weeds gone -------- Weed control works for me.

Be careful about saying "weed FREE lawns". In southern turf this is impossible. Weed free is the absents of all weeds a true mono-stand. This can cause legal problems. But I have seen people use "Weed Free Lawns"

5. Decali

Decali LawnSite Member

Keep in mind that in this day and age most of your customers don't see or hear the word "chemical" without being preceeded by words such as "dangerous", "toxic", "poisonous", etc. For that reason I avoid the word altogether. I refer to them as products but I do call the service weed control.

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I have always listed it as "Fertilize & Prevention"

7. walker-talker

from Midwest

I was just thinking of "Lawn Maintenance Program"...surely they would know what that means

MATT