When you buy a new mower...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve, Oct 3, 2000.

1. steve

steve LawnSite Member

When you buy a new machine is it shining, did they armorall the tires, make it spotless. Or is it just assembled and sold????
  2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont want my tire armoralled just assemble and time to get dirty, we just wash equipment once a week to keep a nice apperance.
  3. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I buy the optional paint protection, pin stripe, rustproofing, and scothguard on the seat.
  4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

For the most part all of our purchases are just "Clean". Not too fancy with armor-all or anythinng like that.

Jac: you should go the extra mile and get the air conditioning and little chino balls to hang from the deck. (I'm looking for those now)

5. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

You guys should see my Turf Tracer HP, I had the dealer set it up real nice for me. He put curb feelers on it so I don't scratch the wheels, fuzzy dice on the right grip and a disco ball on the left, and he also replaced the gas tank cap with one of those crown air fresheners.

I added the gold license plate frame and low profile tires. If I could just find a way to install a boom box so it rattles the windows of my customers, they would never have to complain about my mower noise again.

I am going in for the air brushing next week.

6. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Lol Brians and Green Keeper.:D:)
  7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

My neon lights are on order and should be coming in this week :D

8. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

as for me I wanted washable floor mats but,all i got was a metal jungle jim!!!1
  9. River Hill

River Hill LawnSite Member

I just read a post about chrome wheels wait to you see the spoke wheels I ordered for my Exmark. I know some of you guys have hour meters on your mower, I have a big 12" wall clock hanging on a gold necklace off of my speed shifter, that what I use is a hour meter. I also just ordered gold letters so I cant put my name down the side of my deck and a horn the plays music.

If you ever want to see my mower just go on downda sickamo street. (That is down to sycamore street.) If you did'nt understand what I was saying.

[Edited by Brians on 10-04-2000 at 11:49 PM]
  10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

just yesterday i installed a 12 inch lift kit and 44 inch mud boggers on my dixie, im planing to replale the kohler with a 454 as soon as winter comes. NO MORE GETTING STUCK IN WET FIELDS FOR ME. now i just have to figure out a way to keep the turf from tearing.