1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

When you wake up in the morning.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WildWest, Sep 4, 2006.

1. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

Do you DREAD the day, or are you energized and ready to take on the the world?
    I must admit, I do wake up sometimes, (swearing like the ex-sailor I am,) that today is gonna F^%$# SUCK, Son of a b$%^*!!!!
    Is there enough money to MAKE YOU HAPPY to wake up and get at it, or is it just enough that YOU HAVE to get up and get at it, in order to survive.

I Do understand that most of us have a love for this trade, but if the $$ ain't there, you're not gonna be here long.

Do any of you wake up every day and think,.... this isn't my trade...time to move on.

100th post, thought I'd through something interesting into the works.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

hard to get my azz up!!! once i get going though, i enjoy work very much! just that start up part thats a pain!
  3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Mike, once I am up it isn't so bad. Plus all my friends work all weekend and some weeknights and I work Friday night and some Saturday and still make more than they do. That makes it worth it in its self.
  4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I do good if I can keep all of my spots from being due and overdue at the same time when they start stacking up then I wish I was doing something else If I could find a reliable helper it would help a whole lot but evrybody wants the money but wants you to give it to them with them having to do anything does not work that way with me . So right now it is just my wife and she is only able to help when she is not doing her regular nursing job . Really think this next season I am going to cut back and only do the tax exempt ones School district , city contract , and churches and the schoo is almost a full time job by itself the way it is working right now you finish the last campus and you start over again same with the city contract the churchs are every 10 days That is all this old man wants 7 days a week gets old and I am to old to have to start that want to enjoy mowing do not wnt to dread it!!!! I mow because it gives me something to do beside hunny dos

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not a morning person...but I don't dread the day...just don't like getting out of bed...
  6. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Once i start the first job i am fine and keep going, i only had 1 job today gardening and got comfortable in front of the computer and it was raining so i rung up and said the car was in the garage getting fixed and will be there tommorow.........if i have plenty on i am up and at them .....i am a bugger for grouping slow days with others to make it worth while....its prob the right thing to do but:)
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I love to review my bills and read my "want" list if I don't feel motivated to work. That usually get's me up and running!:cool2:
  8. MLawns

MLawns LawnSite Member

No problem getting up..I like the morning and quiet time to myself but when its time to work let's do it. Like Sandgopher said, if I have slow days, I'll bunch them together.
  9. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Like mcwlandscaping said, EXACTLY how I was feeling. But at the same time, I'm not making enough money to keep me into the business, and I may be out of it at the end of the season. :-(
  10. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

sorry to hear that mate.

somedays are diamonds somedays are stone

im a bit half and half but when it comes to the crunch i wouldnt want to be doing anything else ........thats when my arse starts movin'*aussieflag*