1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

when your seasons end date?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RonWin, Oct 30, 2013.

1. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

At this rate I could work all the way up until snow falls but not really what I wanna do with accoubts that have already paid in full. Contracts say oct 31 end date but what if more leavea falls? Its inevitable. I will go back and clean up any major foilage but im not looking to sweat it out. Looking to put away equipment soon if tuh now what I mean! Plow seasons among us. When are you guys closing up shop?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

We usually end December 1st unless it snows.

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Middle of Nov. Bout the end of the 2nd week, maybe the 3rd if im busy enough

4. RonWin

So im guessing you guys are talking contracts, how bout your per visit customers?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

When the grass stops growing is when the season ends. This year was this week. As individual lawns stopped growing every week the list got shorter. Next week starts clean up. That can go into the 1st or 2nd week of December.

Every year start and end dates always change. To pick a day is pointless.

I work to make money. It is nice to have a day off. No work no money. I would work through the whole month of December if I had the people wanting to hire me.

To sit home waiting for snow does not bring in money.

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Wednesday before Thanksgiving for me, then nothing until mid Feb.

7. RonWin

Agreed. I like making money as much as I like the work but the last 2 weeks I havent really cut any grass. Im keaving stripes and all but the customer isnt really benefitting anything. Fall cl3anuos have been on over load. Just wondering if looking uo at the trees holds the answer to when its over.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

My last week of mowing was this week. I almost always end reg cutting by Halloween. If anyone wants a cut in Nov they are free to give me a call.

I have some fall clean ups but it will be a few weeks before I can do those. Still green leaves on the trees, unbelievable. Normally most leaves are on the ground by now. Very late fall.

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Never. We just slow down a bit on mowing and switch gears a bit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

For my bundled fert and mowing clients. Last mow could be late November or even Early December. I treat these lawns as if they are my own. I rarely ever cut them below 3.0".

For the bean counter lawns they could of been scalp mowed already and put to bed. Many of those are done now.
    Posted via Mobile Device