Where are all the Chinese made handhelds?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Merkava_4, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Where are they? The Chinese have all but taken over the mechanics
    tools industry - I'm curious as heck what's keeping them from taking
    over the LCO string trimmers, blowers, and hedgers. :confused:

2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

They have been building for Stihl Husky and Redmax for several years. I am sure there are others.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

oh they are there, just not popular here, yet. and if they make them super cheap like everything else stupid americans will buy them up like they are actually a deal

4. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

G., are you - a Canadian?
    : )))

5. grassman177

nope fervent supporter of american as best i can. though, off base as there are no american handhelds left, but i will support japan and germany b4 china!

6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax engines are made in japan it says it on the trimmer but they are assembled in the U.S as well as sthil.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

7. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

The china made handhelds are here. I saw a bunch of China made handhelds by Cub Cadet. Also, Most of the snow throwers had Chinese engines on them this year.

8. grassman177

that sucks, they have ruined the cub name which long ago was an american icon

9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think they must have invade the home owner's market. Check Craftsman, Ryobi and the like, I am sure you'll find some. Remember, the commercial market is still quite small compare to the home owner market where they kill the hand held by clogging the carb rather than wearing out!!!! And they keep buying new ones.

10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Yep and I rember seeing an old old old commerical on youtube for troybilt back in the day before they became part of mtd