Where are all the good gas cans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetland, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have been using 5 gallon pails that hydro oil comes in for tanks. works good. They dont have a vent but the spout is so big that you can get a good pour going. Only problem is they only last about 6 months because the fuel makes the flexible plastic brittle on the spout. Free and works.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Where at in KS are ya talking? I don't really like the Briggs and Stratton cans because they tip over so easy unless you strap them about 3 different ways. Though they are better then the current Blitz cans.

Now if someone could find about a thousand NOS 5 gallon Gott cans, they would be millionaires today. I would give a hundred bucks a piece for a couple of em, as would a few other guys I know lol.

4. http://www.nospill.com/

Check out these cans. 5 gl . They are c.a.r.b.III compliant and they also sell c.a.r.b.II for the rest of the country.

That is the reason you don't find the old fashion cans any more since the feds require at least tier 2 level cans.

No spill is just a button and they are vented so you could empty a 5 gallon can in less than 2 minutes.

Draw back i have is it does trap the vapors and you are smart to vent it by pressing the button but other than that, they are great cans and you are compliant with your state and fed laws. They can be bought online through amazon, ebay exct...... and yes you still can spill gass, but the reason they went to the no vent cans is because of the emission\vapors gas cans emmit. go figure.

5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks better than most!!!!!!!!!!

6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Those cans are awesome. Well....in relation to the options out there now. I wish we could still buy the old style cans but these are the next best thing in my opinion. They are a little on the pricy side but not nearly as much as the eagles and they work how they are supposed to.

8. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

i mave a ton of the old cans but i have lost most of the yellow caps . i liked th blitz cans before this with the yellow vent cap.

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Back when they made the older style of Blitz cans with the spount and the vent, I bought quite a few of them even though I had no idea they were going to be changing them in the future. Everyone used to tell me that I had way too many gas cans, and would say "no one needs that many cans, especially when they're solo".

Yea, well who's laughing now?? I have a bunch of the older, old Blitz 5 gallon cans with the vent in both gas and diesel, and several of the the next generation without the vent, but no lock. I bought them in 1 gallon vented, 1.5 gallon vented, 2 gallon non vented, and 2.5 gallon vented, and 5 gallon vented sizes. I even have one or two 5 gallon Gott cans. I'm set for life. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

That looks just like the old style cans I have but with out that awful spout. But you can still get the old spouts we picked up like a dozen this summer but the old style cans is something I didn't know were still made I might be snagging some of those and switching spouts thanks for that link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.