Where are all the good gas cans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sweetland, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I can't believe you guys haven't heard of No Spill cans. Go to http://www.nospill.com and check them out. I've been using these for several years. The customer service is great. There were a few longevity issues with some of the past nozzles and every time I called No Spill they mailed me new nozzles for free. I use the 2.5 & 5 gallon cans. The best deal I found on the cans was from Horizon Irrigation. Honda also distributes the cans.

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

About a hr north of Wichita

No.
    Now I really better get them to bring some back. I am pretty sure they still have some but they may have sold out.
    Mike

3. PlantscapeSolutions

The new cans have changed a little but here are some older pictures of the 2.5 & 5 gallon cans. The new pictures are on the prior link I included. The push button 2.5 gallon can is great for filling small equipment that is easy to over fill. I think you'll find all other CARB cans suck compared to the No Spill cans.

51-QG8kGdnL._SS500_.jpg

416vxNT57WL._SS500_.jpg

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Jason, that must be a JD issue, my Scag doesn't have that problem.

Plantscape, I have 2 of those. They work GREAT for filling the handhelds. The downside, they don't have vents and will balloon up in the hot summer sun. I made a vent out of a metal valve stem from a custom automotive wheel.

5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

I'm going to truevalue to get a couple today!!

6. PlantscapeSolutions

I think because of CARB rules no cans have vents anymore. It's important to always push the button in prior to tilting the can in warm weather to relieve pressure. I have forgotten to do this on more then one occasion and the can burped out some fuel.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally i don't mind the safety nozzles you find at lowes or crap depot.

i'd rather use those than the one's pictured from plant solution.

personal preference though. the only thing i don't like is they don't vent.

8. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

maybe its me, but I have broken 2 spouts on the new cans and I only bought them in Sept so I going for the push buttons.

9. go to page 3 post number 24, I mentioned it already. They marketed to Ca first since c.a.r.b. is a CA thing.

The reason Honda distributes is they bought the company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.