Where are New Holland engines manufactured?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by UALSUX, May 4, 2005.

1. UALSUX

UALSUX LawnSite Member

I have a question about the New Holland skid steer model LS170 engines. The sales rep tells me the engine is made by New Holland which I find hard to belive. I think its a Ford design licensed to New Holland. The mechanics in the shop at the dealership tell me no its a Jap engine. I contacted New Hollands customer service via email and they tell me its a New Holland engine. I ask them ok where is the factory that manufactures them? No idea, I only know what the computer in front of me says.

I cant believe theirs so much confusion from a major worldwide manufacturer of construction equipment. Maybe it says made in Taiwan on the engine somewhere lol.

Does anyone out there know EXACTLY who designs, and manufactures the engine and exactly what state if USA their made at? I also would love a phone number of the plant to take a tour of their factory.

Thank you all for your assistance. :dizzy:

2. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

New Holland, Pennsylvania

Don't think they build engines their.

3. Caribbean Breeze

Caribbean Breeze LawnSite Member

New Holland Engines are built for New Holland by

Ishikawajima Harima Heavy Industries in Japan, a very large & respected Japanese company,

The same company that makes IHI Mini Excavators

The engine is good quality but maybe not comparable to Cummins.

The New Holland dealers do not know very much as compared to some other brands, sometimes!

4. UALSUX

UALSUX LawnSite Member

Mr. Breeze, you are aptly named since your information felt like a lovely cool evening breeze on the beaches of St. Lucia! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and would gladly buy you a few drinks if your ever in the Colorado rocky mountains of Evergreen! Come skiing to Brekenridge or Vail someday and Il take care of your bar tab.

The people (Mechanics were right) at New Holland are without a clue and I have no idea how they never had anyone else besides me ask about where their engines come from. I was pretty sure New Holland doesn't design an engine. I thought maybe Ford cause one owns the other company forget who owns who.

Again I deeply thank you!!

Now to call the morons at New Holland customer service and inform them of what they should already know.

Sincerely
    John Bays

5. Caribbean Breeze

Caribbean Breeze LawnSite Member

John,

Thanks,

I will probably visit you sometime this year or 2006.

It worries me a little that New Holland people don't know what they are selling. I think the CNH has changed both New Holland & Case in both good and bad ways.

Do you have one of these machines?

Regards
    Caribbean Breeze

6. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Caribbean, definitely very excellent posts! I wasn't sure who made the NH engines, either; how were you able to find out?

As for the CNH merger... :D We'll wait a few years and come back to this one.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

They told you the truth.............
    It is a New Holland engine.................They just didn't tell you who manufactures it for them.............. :D

Just like Briggs............Diahatsu makes many of their motors now, but it's still a Briggs............

Few companies will openly tell customers over the phone that their products are foreign made.

8. UALSUX

UALSUX LawnSite Member

I don't own a machine at this time but am looking into buying one in the LS170 size range. I want to rent an Ls170 and a comparable Bobcat soon to "feel them out". However my local Bobcat dealer has a bad reputation and will not warantee any used machine out of factory waranty. Strange way to do business but what do I know. For that and other reasons Im leaning towards the New Holland machine and mechanical reliability is always my main concern with anything I purchase.