Where are the Gravely fans?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beaver29, Aug 2, 2005.

1. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

I hear exmark and scag in this forum. Where are the Gravely owners hiding? Is there any here?
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to own one of those. Glad i got rid of it as soon as i could. My PM144z was a POS in my opinion. Now, i am the happy owner of a new Scag.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Don't let trevor's story tarnish Gravely's excellent products, he purchased a homeowners model and expected commercial results.

I own a 2004 260Z w/ 25hp. I love the machine, you can't beat the suspension seat on the bumpy lawns! I also run an old PRO-50 50"/14hp kawi belt drive that is still running. Thats been the best ROI purchase (and first) tool i've bought.
  4. No Lawncares

No Lawncares LawnSite Member

I got a 48 inch Gravely wb, and love it, have never had probs with it.
  5. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 wb with the prosteer love it
  6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I run a Gravely 250Z with the 23 horse Kawasaki. Great mower, in my opinion.
  7. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I am saving money to buy PRO H 1536. Anybody owned one? does it give a nice cut?
  8. cushman

cushman LawnSite Member
    from se pa

I've got 6 of them, all model L's. Newest is a 1958, oldest is a 1941.

The 1941 still runs strong. I wonder how my new Z will be working when it's as old as the 1941 Gravely, in 2069.

I may not find the answer to that question as I'll be 114 years old then.
  9. waffletown20

waffletown20 LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have the 44Z and really like it! Gravely is a hidden gem especially if you have a good dealer.
  10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

yes, i just bought one this year. love it so far. 82 hours on it so far. i am running doubles right now and i haven't had any problems with it being underpowerd, and I've been cutting some really thick grass as of lately, lots of rain and 90+ degree temps. i did have to buy some counterweights to keep the front end down. get a proslide for it. cut is good, i like the 8.5 MPH ground speed.