Where are the leaves starting to fly?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Sep 27, 2006.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on Long Island and the dogwoods have started to turn purple and drop leaves along with linden and oaks barely starting. Anyone up north starting to see a lot of leaf color or leaves falling? Trees here are 97% green still (zone 7).

What is your leaf status?
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

maple's, conn.
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

the leaves went from Green ...to...being on the lawns :laugh: so much for fall i guess?
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Starting to drop here in Minnesota
  5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys. I'm considering a new Force wheeled blower by billy goat and I'm getting antsy for leaf season. Mowing is getting old again, though the lawns all look sweet now with the recent fert and nice temps. Then we'll hate leaves. Then snow. Then we'll want to mow again. I love seasons. Keep the replies a comin'.
  6. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

In Colorado about 60%-75% of the leaves have changed. Here comes another great season for the Broncos!:drinkup:
  7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

It seems where I live all but the Pin Oaks have started to change and quit a few on the ground. We've been bagging for a week now.:cry:
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Down in SE PA, the leaves have been falling for about a week and a half or so. The drought in august kinda dried everything up a bit and in early september, they started comming down.
  9. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

starting to fall and turn in maine
  10. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Deffinatly falling here in MN nothing major but they went from green to brown to ground real fast.