where are the needles?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Sep 13, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

One of two things...

1. I am really stupid (probably the case)
    2. Or the high and low speed needles to adjust the carbs on my echo trimmer and edger as well as my shindiawa blower do not exist.

I looked but wasnt able to find them, can someone point them out in a photo possibly? thanks.
  2. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

They do not exist anylonger on alot of stuff you can thank the envirowackos for another piss poor job done ,
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

my stihls all got them. even my brand new one. your cheap echos are now made even cheaper.
  4. sailinstud420

okay, im not that dumb, well how the (#$P am I supposed to tune em then? I swear my trimmer is not working quite right. My blower on really warm days acts like it is too lean, it idles good, but once I juice the throttle it dies. If the needle cant be adjusted does that mean the blower is actually burned up and needs a rebuild???
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the future... Jump in the time machine and buy up all the good ole 2 cycle equipment you can carry on an ocean liner and sell it on lawnsite!!! My stuff dosn't have any adjustment either. SUCKS! They all run too lean most of the time, tho there are days when the temperature and humidity is just right that they run perfect... Wasn't too long ago they all had the adjustment screws, but had little plastic limiters on them to prevent the user from turning them too far, LOL, those popped off real quick!

This is why 2 cycle ANYTHING is going to be history in about 5 years (my estimate) 4 stroke handheld equipment that runs on mixed fuel is here and taking over already. Is it better than our old 2 strokes? Not at all. Are they better than the NEW 2 strokes??? quite possibly! I have yet to try one, at nearly double the price and still unproven technology i'm not going to bite yet. I just keep cursing my blower that won't run for 2 minutes faster than an idle on a hot day... and the trimmers that cut out all the time. (and my stuff is a few years old)
  6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Echo has put one adjusting screw back on last year on the 260 series, and none to soon. The older carb can be adjusted but is practically impossible to describe, and no dealer can help. If you get to the point you know you have carb problem simply get a replacement carb with the adjustment. We started changing out our PB650 blowers this year and very happy with the results.
  7. sailinstud420

edhess- you got my next question. What about recarbing them? How much does a new carb cost? I am yet to see any equipment that doesnt have a walbro carb on it. Is walbro still producing carbs with adjustments on them? What if I take the carb off on another piece or equipment and throw it on my blower? Are there many differences from carb to carb as far as the thing being able to operate properly? I would think they are not that easily swapped from piece to piece, but it would be nice if they were. Thanks for the help thus far.