Where Are They At ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Jul 23, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

I Passed Out 400 Of These And Only Got 2 Call Backs So Far And Its Been About 4 Days.what The H*ll ?

Attached Files:

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Flyers generally have low responses. You have to get your name out there a few times before they will even start to notice it. Full color ads are flashier (and unfotunately more expensive) but catch eye better. I think it was walker talker on here that had a really nice one a few months back. Do a search and see if you can't find that thread. After a while it will be word of mouth advertising and you'll be set

3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Because that flyer is weak.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

the flyer does look a bit like a rough draft but you gotta pass out a minimum of 4 thousand, 8 is better... and this is the reason i prefer to pay for an ad in a publication.

5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Constructive critizism here. I agree that is a very weak flyer, it doesnt grab my attention, and somewhat hard to read. Out of the 400 hundred you passed out 2 calls isnt bad, your right at the .5% response rate. A little more effort in designing yourself a good flyer should get you up to 1.5-2.0% response.

6. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

BefNMe,

I think it may be a little late in the season to be searching out new contracts in bulk.... Often, people have their lawn contracts in place and will only search out new contracts if they have problems with their present LCO's.

Also, we used to hand out flyers and found the response rate was nil, so we started advertising in the yellow pages and helpful pages... those adds have paid for themselves 25 times over

And it's only been 4 days! More will call, don't worry!

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

The flyer could use a little work.

As a rule of thumb, only expect a 1% ratio of new customers to the amount of flyers distributed.

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

What makes you think all 400 people have been waiting for you to come along. And why do you give your services away???

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks For The Criticism.i Didnt Know If Was Just Me Or Not.the Reason I Give Away A Free Mow And Blow Is Just So I Can Be Noticed Doing Work In That Neighborhood.i Figure If People In The Community See Me Working And See A Nice Finished Product That May Intice Them To Call Me Also.plus You Gotta Give A Little To Get A Little.and What Is Giving Away One Mowing If You Gain 3 Customers Right?maybe? Has Anyone Ever Tried This?

10. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I disagree, with all the new homes being built I hand out flyers all season. Just put out 150 and received my 6th call today. All have signed up. Don't give up. Just try another area.