Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightScenes, Jan 14, 2006.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I charge by the fixture, it works for me. I get 275 to 350 per fixture. I find it takes less time for the bidding process and it also gives the client the tools to figure out what the costs are. It especially works when I am doing jobs in phases. There are some jobs that use more or less wire, etc. but it seems to even out well. I also don't have as big a fluxuation in property sizes that some have outside of CA. I do bid a lttle differently on the 200-300 fixture jobs.

My competitors charge 185-225 per fixture, but they still think it is all about the fixtures. For me it is all about the results.

2. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

If you are selling aluminum lights for $275 a pop average then with all the lighting you claim to do you must wear gold underwear. In other words you must be making bank. Good for you. In a coupla yrs you can hit em again for replacements when the aluminum falls apart. Excellent marketing strategy. Planned obsolescence . You are much smarter than you look.

3. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

What's wrong with selling at a per fixture cost? Just put it at $400 per light, and you should be covered in most situations. If you are going to use brass, however, I would go a bit higher.......

4. Chris J

Give em hell Pete! Nothing in this world is for free!!

5. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

You can say that again my brother

6. Chris J

You all will have to excuse me. Sometimes, My arch rival makes perfect sense and he causes me to submit to his posts. Sorrry for the disruption. Back in a moment...

7. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Whew!... I was starting to worry that you were slipping over to the Dark Side for a while Chris. :laugh: