1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where Are Trailers Cheap? Need New One

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GravelyGuy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I need a new landscape trailer for next season because I am tired of lugging ramps around for my old trailer. I need a trailer that will hold my current Gravely 34Z, a pushmower, and a 60" ZTR that I may possibly get next year. I have checked out trailers at the local tractor supply stores, but they seem very cheaply built. Check out this link.
    That trailer is beautiful, but it cost $2700 for the 12'. I don't necessarilly need one with built up sides, but it would be nice. I will be pulling this with an S10 so brakes would be very helpful. If anyone has one for sale or any suggestions please post. I'm willing to drive. Tell me if trailers are really cheap in your area.

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks, do you have experience with their trailers? Are they nice?
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know anything about those utility trailers but John's seemed to be a decent company to deal with.
  5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Try this guy, he is a friend of mine. He sells US Cargo. I got a screaming deal 814-504-3097 and his name is Troy. Call him in the late am's Prozan Trailer Sales.
  6. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Kaufman trailers in NC has 16 foot landscape trailers for around 1500$ new and they are good trailers....
  7. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Nobagger, where is that guy located?

8. Elkbow

Elkbow LawnSite Member

I live 30 minutes from Big Tex's Mt. Pleasant, TX factory. I'm not sure if you can buy them factory direct or not, but that might save some cash. Here in NE TX there are trailer manufactures all over the place. Most of them will customize to your specs.
  9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

For some reason, Texas and Oklahoma have alot of trailer manufacturer's. For a used or slightly used trailer, once you decide on spec's, would be equipmenttraderonline.com. A trailer manufacturer here in our state is Big Bubba's Trailers......I don't know if he has a website or not. People from Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Az., and New Mexico drive up here to get one of his rigs.....they are built tough, no corners cut, they are built fast and custom if you want them. I have two of his trailers....one for my track hoe and one a car hauler/skid steer hauler.
  10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

sikeston missouri trailer capital of u.s..