1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where can a buy a quality, reasonable priced skid?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Besides used (craigslist, ebay, local ads), where can I buy a quality apprx. 100 gal skid sprayer for use for the 2010 season? I am also looking for value - I want a good machine but does not have to be top of the line, and definitely cannot be top of the line price-wise.

All I am seeing out there are 100 gal units for like $3,500 and that just seems way too expensive to pay for a cheap tank, pump, and 5 HP engine.

If someone can give me a lead or two that would be great. Especially if you are local to the upper midwest here, even better.
  2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

You can build your own for about $1000.00! I have a New Hypro Pump to sell for $425. Add a Honda Engine for about $200 Tank, valves and fitting and mounting plate about $300 and you're in business. Of course, hose and reel will run extra depending on your needs.
  3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys - thx for the input - I know basic maint. but would be intimidated 'building my own' skid. Is there a good resource for me to tap into, a blueprint per se, that would guide me if I were to undertake such an endeavor?
  5. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

I will sell you a 100 gallon skid with tank and hose real. No motor or pump if you are in Florida
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Roy, what model Hypro is that? Does it have gear reduction? I have 100gal tank, Honda 5.5 and hose reel. The pump is my missing link. I'm trying to get something together I can throw a JD-9 on and spray some tree/shrub.
  7. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Its a D-252 with reduction gear and controller. I have the same pump on my skid. They put out 6GPM. I bought two--one for a spare but the thing has never missed a beat. It can be cranked up to 120PSIG for fungicide and putting out 3 GPM. Anyway--don't need two.
  8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I might sell mine. 400 gallons. Click my name and look at the pictures.